|Splash Zone Rules
Splash Zone User Rules
1. The City of Ephrata is not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged items.
2. No refunds will be given for closure due to weather or to individuals dismissed from the facility for behavioral problems.
3. Persons with colds, skin infections, bandages, communicable diseases or open wounds are not allowed to enter the pool.
4. Swimmers need to shower using soap and water before entering the pool.
5. Lifeguards must be obeyed at all times.
6. Flotationís devices are subject to approval. Children under the age of 8 must be accompanied and supervised by a parent or guardian at all times. No child shall be left unattended.
7. Children between the ages of 8-12 must be accompanied by and under direct supervision of a person at least 16 years old.
8. Barbecues may be used only in designated areas and the coals must be removed from the facility by the persons using the barbecue.
9. Ice chests may be brought into the facility but are subject to search.
10. Food and drink is allowed only in designated areas.
11. All patrons entering Splashzone (swimming, sunbathing and child supervision) will be assessed a daily admission fee. The only exceptions are for observing swim lessons and parents seeking children to return home.
12. This facility will follow the guidelines set by the National Lightening Safety Institute.
13. At times swim lessons, aquatic exercise class, lap swimming or other programs may close portions of the pool to other activities
The Following Are Prohibited
4. Use/possession of tobacco, drugs, and alcohol and persons under the influence of them.
5. Running, dunking, excessive splashing, throwing objects recklessly, spitting or rough play/horseplay.
6. Loud, profane, boisterous or unruly conduct. Fighting will not be tolerated. The police will be notified at the first signs of confrontation.
7. Violence or threatening behavior toward people and/or property.
8. Acts which endanger people or property are not allowed.
9. Spitting, urinating, defecating or otherwise contaminating the pool or surrounding areas.
10. Fraternizing/harassing or bothering the staff. Verbal and/or physical abuse towards any employee will result in immediate dismissal from the facility.
11. Inappropriate dress is at the discretion of City Staff and includes cut-off jeans or garments with hanging threads.
12. Portable radios, televisions, musical devices (with the exception of a small walkman type device with headphones)
13. Objects that may endanger the safety of patrons (knives, sharp edges ect.)
14. Diving, except form the diving boards. Swimmers must be able to swim 2 laps in order to use diving boards or play in the deep end.
15. Crossing over, under or hanging on rope lines.
Zero Depth Pool Rules
1. Shallow end entries. Diving into the zero depth pool from the deck is prohibited.
2. Running into or out of shallow end of zero depth pool is prohibited.
3. Care should be taken for smaller children in and amongst larger children
4. Climbing on the structures is prohibited.
1. Guest must be able to swim two widths of pool before using the diving boards
2. One person on the board at a time.
3. One bounce only.
4. Inward or handstand dives are not permitted.
5. No loitering on the board or in the dive tank area.
6. Go straight off end of board.
7. After completing dive, diver must swim to closest ladder and exit pool.
8. Next diver must wait on deck until previous diver has entered the water.
9. Next diver should not start dive until previous diver has reached the pool wall or ladder.
10. Balls, flippers, goggles, etc. are not allowed on board.
11. No one may catch children off the diving board.
Frog Slide Rules
1. Riders must not exceed the 4' height limit.
2. Riders must be 7 years of age and under.
3. Go down feet first only.
4. One rider at a time on the slide.
5. Wait for landing area to clear before sliding down the slide.
6. No horseplay, unruly behavior, diving, standing or jumping off the frog is permitted.
7. Do not crawl up the slide or sit/stand in the slide path.
Lilly Pad Rules
1. Obey the commands of the lifeguards at all times.
2. Only one person allowed on a floatable at all times.
3. Wait to cross until person in front has exited pool.
4. Cross in only one direction.
5. No jumping from floatable to floatable.
6. Lilly pad users must be 4'6" tall
7. No diving from floatables.
8. Horseplay or stunts not permitted
9. Stay out from under floatables
10. Caution! The surface of the floatable is wet and can be slippery. Do not stand fully upright at any time.
11. Failure to abide by rules may result in injury to self or others and may result in dismissal from pool facility.
1. Begin decent of slide only when signaled by guard.
2. Guest should be seated or lying on their back, feet first, when going down slides.
3. One person at a time may ride down the slide.
4. Only one person is allowed per landing.
5. Riders must be 48' tall to use slide (no exceptions) and must weigh less than 200 lbs to use the slide
6. Pushing, shoving, cutting or saving places in line on the approach to the slide is prohibited.
7. Guest must exit splashdown area immediately by way of the stairs.
8. No jumping or diving into splashdown pool.
9. Sharp objects are not allowed on the slide. Cutoffs or shorts with rivets will not be permitted on slide. Eyeglasses should be securely attached to rider.
10. Life jackets are not allowed on slides.
11. Splashdown pool is not for swimming purposes
The Ephrata Parks and recreation Department strives to provide a safe, fun supervised environment where aquatic recreation can be enjoyed by all. All disciplinary decisions will be made with this as our primary objective.
Back to Splash Zone