Officers are able to respond to the following types of animal complaints:
Stray dogs and livestock
Dog bites or attacks
Deceased animals in the road
Dangerous wildlife animals
Households exceeding the limit of permitted pets
Animals causing a sustained traffic hazard
Animal cruelty or injured animals
Please call MACC Dispatch for any of the above listed complaints at 509-762-1160.
The Animal Code is listed under Title 08 of the Ephrata Municipal is NEW and IMPROVED. The full code, Title 8 - Animals is now effective.
Current Animal Codes to be aware of:
- Only dogs over the age of six months must be vaccinated against rabies and licensed with the Ephrata Police Department. Read More about Licensing.
- Dogs running stray will be impound at the expense of the dog owner. Dogs, with unknown owners, that are not claimed within the 72 hour holding period are transferred to a local rescue for subsequent adoption into a new home.
- Barking noise can land you with a fine if the howling, yelping, or barking is frequent or habitual and annoys or disturbs a neighborhood or resident.
- Three dogs, cats, fowl, and pigeons
- Unlimited numbers of mice, hamsters, and gerbils
- Unlimited numbers of parakeets, finches, canaries, and other similar songbirds
- Unlimited numbers of reptiles, amphibians, and fish